Sunday 29 September 2013

JUST IN! Joy Bewaji Tells It All...My Relationship With Makosi

Makosi

Makosi Musambasi (Big Brother UK housemate) lives in Nigeria and is dying to be a “star”. So I came on board- we were introduced by a mutual acquaintance. First she wanted PR for her TV show that was to debut on DSTV, but then she got entangled in other activities.

Four months later and Makosi is back with that itch- to become a superstar! She is unhappy that she is not on billboards, endorsing brands, gracing the red carpet, surrounded by swarm of fans falling all over her; she can’t understand why I can’t get her VVIP tickets, why she is not on the cover of Complete Fashion, why nobody knows her or waves to her when she visits the mall.


So I try to explain to her that the Nigerian public would only find you worthy of attention and respect if you build a proper brand- away from reality TV sensationalism.

I gave her a few suggestions. She chose one of them- to write her a book. I picked a title and theme. She loved it. Then I set out to work. But I was obviously running out of (her) time. Four weeks later and Makosi’s itch gets worse- she wants the book out, and she wants it out NOW! But books take time; I needed more time- a few more weeks; but she would have none of that!

So I put together, in 10 days, an inspirational coffee-table nugget book. We held a photo-shoot; at first Makosi said she hated the pictures, then she said she liked them. It was hard keeping up!

When I presented the nugget manuscript, she said she liked it. A few days later, she hated it; screaming that I should give it to some other celebrity- shouting and fuming like a chimney for me to pay back her money. What money? I had invested two months of my life in a project she agreed on, if she suffers bipolar issues then that cannot possibly be my fault. I believed the best thing was to go back to the original script (the one she was too impatient to wait for) and get it done. We were back to square one!

She goes out of circulation. I try to reach her…try to get her to explain her fluctuating disposition. But I couldn’t reach her- for over one month!

I woke up on Saturday, the 28th of September, to find out Makosi is the newest author in town. She published the manuscript she had tossed out of the window literally, the manuscript she said I should give to someone else; because she had the material at her disposal and continuously believes her money (wherever it is coming from) can shield her from the wrath of the law, she published my WORK without my consent or involvement. She threw a bash with friends and celebrities as she launched “her” book.

The only problem is- the book isn’t hers. She had rejected it, tossed it aside and said I should give it to someone else; which I did. Makosi will tell you she has connections and can buy her way out of any situation…and in the same breath regale herself on social media with Bible quotes. I do hope she understands that, regardless of what anyone thinks, Nigeria has a legal system that works, and I plan to make the best use of it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis