Wednesday 30 October 2013

Clara Chime, First Lady of Enugu State, Begs Human Rights Groups To Release Her From House Arrest Imposed By Governor Sullivan Chime

Governor Chime and Clara

Clara Chime, the First Lady of Enugu State, says Governor Sullivan Chime, has placed her under house arrest, and has cried out for assistance to reach human rights bodies to rescue her.

In a letter dripping with pain and suffering, Mrs. Chime disclosed that she married Mr. Chime in October 2008 but that she has been unable to share the matrimonial bed with him for over four years.

Describing her desperate situation, she said that even President Goodluck Jonathan and First Lady Patience Jonathan have intervened with her husband without success.

“My father is late, my Mum and few of my siblings are confused and have done all kinds of prayers they know of, 3 of my siblings prefers me dead than to see me leave the Government house. He treats my Mum and my siblings bad,” she wrote.

The Enugu State First Lady said she has been introduced to two psychiatrists whose names she gave as Dr. Onwukwe and Dr. Agumo, who have prescribed “all kinds of drugs that ends up keeping me acute depressed and also drives me into hallucinations.”

The doctors, she noted, are scared of her husband the Governor, to whom nobody can tell the truth.

According to the letter, the Catholic Bishop of Enugu state (Callistus Onaga), and top priests have come to intervene, as have the President and the First Lady of the nation, without success.

Mrs. Chime further complains that Governor Chime has ordered her to leave with her four-year old son whom she conceived before their wedding. However, the governor, according to her, later threatened to disown the boy should she leave with him.

“He has told everyone he can reach that there is no marriage between us that I can leave if I wish to but whenever I plan to leave he instructs them to lock me in. I have told him through Sms that I will leave my son behind and leave alone but still he instructed
his securities to lock me inside the house.”

Mrs. Chime further complains she has lost touch with the real world and all that makes her beautiful because of the side effects of the drugs she is taking, stressing that she is under house arrest for committing no crime.

Of the situation in Government House, she said, “He does not take care of me personally, the government gives me allowance to run the house and that's where I save little from to take care of my elf, my Mum and few of my siblings,” she said in the letter. He shut me out of his life years ago; I don't have access to his apartment. The problem is enormous; I don't know where to start to explain from.”

She said that even the security detail in the lodge has resorted to praying for her, while the few that can be bought with money are taking advantage of the situation.

“Police and SS men have been instructed by Br Sullivan Chime to confine me in a place for a long time now against my wish [but] it is my wish to leave these premises,” she said, begging, “Please assist me to reach to the human rights and say to them to please come hastily and release me.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis