Monday 7 October 2013

Interview With Miley Cyrus: "Why I Cut My Hair, Go naked & Stick Out My Tongue"

Former Disney star Miley Cyrus shocked the world when she drastically cut her hair and started rocking a pixie cut but that was just the beginning of her radical behaviour.

At the MTV Video Music Awards, she yet shocked her fans again with her raunchy dance display, twerking on a married man.

Yet again, she went nude for her music video, 'wrecking ball'

Many have come up with theories as to why she is acting this way but few people have heard Miley’s side of the story – until now.

In an exclusive interview with Judith Woods of DailyMail, Miley Cyrus clears things up and tells her own side of the story.

See Excerptsfrom the interview:

Why did you cut your lovely Hannah Montana hair? What did your mother say? She must be furious; I mean, I’m not your mother and I’m pretty cross.’
Ha, ha. Yeah, when I did it my mom was shocked at first and tripped out – I mean, she’s got the whole long blonde hair thing going on – but now she loves it and wouldn’t have me with it any other way,’ says Miley. ‘I’m trying to break out of that long hair, big boobs stereotype that women feel they have to conform to. I mean, we’re not living in the freakin’ 1950s – short hair is OK. Have people really got so little imagination? Every morning I look in the mirror and I feel like a blank canvas and I choose who I want to be. In a normal job you have to live by someone else’s rules, but I’m in a job where my work is play and I don’t have to pretend to be something I’m not.

About why all the drama she has created?
People try to make everything so thought out when sometimes there’s no real reason why. My fans love the fact that everything I’m doing is my choice. It’s my body. I want what I do to be memorable and so do my fans – I’m just living, just being.’

But Miley, if you wanted to establish yourself as an adult artist, why the suggestive foam finger? Why not a power ballad?
Everything I’ve ever done was how I felt at that exact moment. You have to have confidence as an entertainer and I believe – I know – that no one can be a better version of me than me. Sure, I could put on a gown and have some beauty pictures taken of me, but where’s the honesty in that? In my video for “Wrecking Ball” I am naked and vulnerable and crying because it’s a song about how it feels when everything around you has been destroyed.’ Appearing naked was really no big deal. I’m very confident being naked. I feel that stripping off is a way of expressing purity of emotion.’

About sticking out her tongue?
I stick my tongue out because straight photos are sooo boring. But even if I do stick my tongue out, that doesn’t change the quality of the human being inside. I’d rather be honest and upfront; being a good person isn’t about sitting with your legs crossed. I’m just being who I am, which is the best example I can be.

Her Aim?
I want to be memorable. That’s what my fans want too. Everyone’s talking about me, waiting to see what I’m doing next. And, yeah, I like things to be bright and colourful and fun, but then I make “Wrecking Ball”, which is darker and grey. And then I’ll maybe go back to running around being crazy. I want to keep people guessing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis