Friday 23 August 2013

Genevieve Nnaji Wants A Husband: "I WANT GOD TO BLESS ME WITH THE RIGHT MAN"

Click for Full Image Size
Born on May 3, 1979 into the family of Benedatte and Theophilus Nnaji, Genny, hails from Umuebi – Amuzu in Aboh-Mbaise, Imo State. The fourth of her parents’ eight children, she attended Kemstar Nursery and Primary School, Surulere, Lagos; Methodist Girls High School, Lagos and Girls Secondary School, Akwakuma, Owerri, Imo State. Dazzling and delectable, sumptuous and sexy, sweet and svelte, she is unarguably and indisputably the reigning pride of Africa in the make-believe world.

What will you say is the worst story ever written about you in the press?

So many bad things. But the one I hated most was the one of Fred Amata and I, which I don’t know where they got it from. It hurt me so much. It was not just fair.

How did you come into the movie industry?
I have been acting since I was eight in Ripples. That was how I got into acting. For movies, I think that should be 1998 in Most Wanted. I met Torino (Emeka Ojukwu) in a bus and to my greatest surprise, he recognized me, from Ripples, when I was about eight, nine. He asked why I left the industry. He later invited me to this audition – Most Wanted. I got a role, a ‘waka-pass’ and that was it.


What do you find most attractive in a man?
The fact that a man will take me for who I am, not for what he hears or what he believes. I like people who take me for the me they see. That’s the most important thing. And have regard for me. And trust too.

What’s your greatest wish?

That God continues to bless me. Especially with the right man and a good family.

It’s like you are too eager to get married?
No, no, no. The thing is just that there comes a time in your life where everything is going fine. And all you say to yourself is after this, what next? After everything, you have to get married as far as you are a woman.



Let’s have your bio-data. People don’t seem to know much about you?
I’m from Aboh-Mbaise in Imo State. I went to Kemistar Nursery and Primary School, Surulere; Methodist Girls High School, followed by one in Ikeja. I kept on moving. But ended up at Girls Secondary School, Akwakuma in Owerri, Imo State.

Why have you not furthered your education?
Life is not the same for everybody. Some people are so lucky, they come out of secondary school and they go straight to university because they have the back-up of people and it’s so easy. It looks simple…mine was different. But I’m determined. Definitely, I’m gonna go back to school. I wanted to make money, I love my money, I cherish my own money. So, I will go back when I’ve made enough. But even while I’m there, I won’t stop working.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis