Saturday 13 July 2013

Will Nicki Minaj Call It Quits After 'Three More Albums'?


Nicki Minaj continues to show off her new, toned down look on the cover of Marie Claire's August issue, with short blonde hair and minimal makeup. The magazine asked fans to submit questions for Nicki, and while they fielded more than 20,000 of them, the YMCMB rapper answered a select few, revealing some serious aspirations to be an actor.

In April, it was confirmed that Nicki Minaj would make her film debut in the upcoming comedy "The Other Woman" starring Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann, and when asked about her future on the big screen, she admitted that couldn't make any predictions but wouldn't mark anything as off-limits.

"I at least want to do three more albums," Nicki said, when asked if she would ever consider being a full-time actress. "If I can do that, I'll feel complete...One day, when I start getting a couple gray hairs, maybe it will all be only acting. I just never know...I've kind of become the poster child for doing the things that no one expects."

In the meantime, Nicki added that she's working on enjoying every moment of her successful music career, after having a "weird epiphany" during a 2012 tour in Australia. "For the first time, I allowed myself to feel proud of where music had gotten me, and I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude," she explained. "You feel the need to pay it forward, which starts with analyzing yourself with a true desire to grow."

"I was praying every day, 'You know what, Lord? I want to be a mom one day, and I want to start becoming the woman who I want to parent my child.' I wanted all of the feelings of entitlement to leave me, because some people have this life for a year or five or 10 — and a lot of them lose it. I didn't want to become a person who wasn't enjoying the moment."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis